coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow I bought a camera, now how do I post pictures?

I bought a camera, now how do I post pictures?

louis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:53 am Reply with quote

I bought a Canon Powershot G9 12.1 mpx. I took a macro shot of a penny. With the software that came with the camera, I was able to enlargen the penny and make it look like it's under a 10x+ magnification without loosing any detail. How do I get the image posted to the site? This is only a test penny, but once I learn how to post images, my varieties will follow.

I see references to Photobucket on the forum. Is this the vehicle for posting images. Any instruction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.............

Steven
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:12 am Reply with quote

You will need a photo storage site such as photobucket.com

It is free and you can store a lot of photos there.

http://www.photobucket.com/

Steven

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:59 am Reply with quote

Louis, Steven has given you the main part of the info you need to store, and give links to, and, or "collect" photo(s) for posting. Ithers will give you their version of "how they do it", and I would like to give you mine: After you "brouse" to locate your photo, and "upload" then you will see what you have just added to the group. On the omage, there is a small box above the info below the photo, which I like to use to make my selection. Check this little box, and go down the page to where it says, (among other options), generate an image.... Click on thism and then select from the options for posting, (my choice is the "message boards"). Click on this, and it will high-light, then right click to COPY. Then go to the thread you want to post your photo, and paste it there. You will get an image, depending on the size, (pexels) you have selected in the application, for the camera. We generally use 300X240, or about. It gives a nice view, and it is not necessary to scroll sideways to see all of iot. (I found out the hard way)!Like Steven says, it is free, and also is one of many used. If I haven't welcomed you to the forum yet, consider this the formal welcome, and invitation to be a member of the best forum around!
Dick

eagames
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote

An easy way is load it to photobucket then below the image in photobucket there are 3 links. Copy the bottom link (3rd link down) into your post.

When you do put it in your post use preview to see your post with the image to be sure it worked.

Smile

Page 1 of 1
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow I bought a camera, now how do I post pictures?

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours