coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow Has anyone ever used Macro Filter Lenses???

Has anyone ever used Macro Filter Lenses???

louis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quote

I purhased a set of HOYA Macro Filter Lenses +1, +2 and +4. I was told by the salesman they would improve the quality of my Macro photos. However I find that when I used Macro Mode on my camera (Canon G9 12.1 mpx) with the lenses, I can't get a closeup of the coin. The tube restricts how close the lens can get to the coin.

When I don't use the tube and lenses, I can get within an inch of the coin. The images are outstanding.

Do I really need the Macro Filter Lenses to take pictures of coins????

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

coop
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Louis: I've never used them. Sounds like you don't need them if you can get that close to the coins. I've never thought I needed any. I take micro images through a microscope. If you were try to take images through a loupe, it might help. But never tried that cause the scope is perfect for what I need.

Bob P
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote

I bought some macro filter lenses at one time, and found out that I could do better with a setup like I have now. I would stick with what gives you the best shots. If you get outstanding shots without the tube and lenses, that would be the way to go.
bobp@coppercoins.com
mustbebob1@gmail.com

BobA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Louis, I have the same macro lenses as you do. I used them on a standard lens with no marco capability, and I haven't tried them on coins, because the camera I'm using now (Nikon 5600) has a macro built in. I should note I used the screw on macro lens on a 35mm film camera not digital. Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow Has anyone ever used Macro Filter Lenses???

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours