coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow Coin photography tools

Coin photography tools

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote

BobA. I noticed you were "lurking", and didn't recognize the name. I checked your posts, and opened up a whole new set of ideas. I am currently trying to setup a photography studio, that can remain assembled, without having to tear it dowm for other uses, as is the case today. Can you answer a dfew questions in this respect? I can give my email addy, which would make it easier to chat, unless you would prefer to post. It is the same with me. Thanking you in advance,
Dick

BobA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Hi Dick, Just saw your request today. Yes, I have been "lurking" trying to see what the hot tips are. Didn't know you were looking for me until I checked your posting. I would be happy to share anything I have tried with you. I have found that this group has tons of great tips, ideas, and thoughts.

Bob

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote

Bob, I don't recall what it was that called my attention. I read a lot of posts, on several forums, and get ideas from them. I have a Canon A590 IS, and have been looking for a means to trip the shutter, remotely, but it seems "there ain't no such animal"!. currently, I have prototyped a supporting structure which mounts the camera on me QZS scope, so that it moves WITH the lens, allowing a focus, that can be used. it is only a temporary setup, until I can figure oue another method. At least everything moves as a unit. Maybe this will trigger your thoughts, in your last posts, elsewere.
Dick

BobA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote

Dick, I feel your pain when it comes to finding a camera with a remote trigger. I have been using a Canon Digit Rebel, Nikon 5600, and an old Sony Digital. I do have a camera that fits directly into my microscope and is viewed on a laptop. It is the best option for no shake, BUT it has poor color reproduction, and that makes for too much photoshop time. Why I have been checking back with the group is to see if anyone has found something better with some newer technology. I have seen some new cameras with the remote trigger option built in, of course you have to find and buy the optional remote, but if I remember right the cameras with this option didn't have the best marco mode. If I find something that looks interresting, I will pass it along.

Bob

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Bob, I'm with you on the photoshop part. I jave PS 7.0, but I use it very little. I wanted to be able to make overlays, for clash research, figuring out what is the thing one sees somewhere, and can't find out what xaused it. Coop has spent MANY hours, trying to help me, but, I seem to forget everything I have been told, and have read, ten seconds after the fact! I can't concentrate very long, before I get distracted, and it all goes out the window! I don't remember anything I hear, but anything I can vusualize, or see done, It stays. I have a photographic memory, but it is limited to what I have seen, and relate to. It can get one into trouble, too. One can "see too much"!
BTW, I am having a thought about a photographing studio, or setup. I saw one on a thread recently, and got one. It turned out to be useless for my photography, but it gave me some ideas. Maybe that will ring a bell.
Dick
Dick

Page 1 of 1
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow Coin photography tools

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours