coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow Considering a scope..

Considering a scope..

CP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote

I have been thinking about buying a cammera, but after doing some reading here on the forums, Im wondering if my $$ would be better spent on a Micro Scope.?
Ive seen some excellent pics taken thru the scopes here on the forums and thats one big plus.! But my main reason for considering a scope, is eye fatigue & comfort.. I presently use a 16x loop & after 30 minuts of searching details on Lincolns my eye is shot.! Would the scope be the way to go??

Thanks,CP

Bob P
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote

CP,
You can not go wrong buying a scope, and for the very same reasons you list, it can be a blessing. They are more stable, can get you in closer if need be, and you will be able to take pics through them, and do not necessarily have to buy a very expensive camera to do so. I bought a scope before I started taking pictures of coins, and over time, your skills improve. I would recommend a scope first.

bobp@coppercoins.com
mustbebob1@gmail.com

CP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Ill take that advice.! you take some of the best pics ive seen.. Smile Im going to go back & read the thread you posted that contained a link to the scope you used for the pictures on the site.. (I think it was you anyhow) would you recommend any other scopes?

Thanks,CP.

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quote

CP, ask Garylcsr for the link for some scopes, with camera.
I have an eye condition called MD, (Macular Deterioration), which causes a loss of "central" vision. Because of this, I am "legally blind", and can't drive anymore. I do NOT have any fatigue, working 12-16 hours a day with the scope. I use a 10X loupe for checking, but the scope does all the rest, (with camera). Happy hunting!
Dick

coppercoins
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quote

Actually one of the best places for microscopes is www.coinoptics.com - Larry Brooks is the guy's name, and he has good scopes. He also sells the proper lighting for the job, and lighting is just as important as the scope and the camera. Without proper lighting, the best scope and camera in the world cannot do you any good.
cd@coppercoins.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

CP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Chuck
Nice equipment.! The 113 sterio is a nice affordable unit (at least the wife wont go into Shocked ) How about the lighting? (IE Fluorecent VS Halogen) which is preffered for photos or does it make any difference?

Thanks,CP

coop
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote

Florecent Light gives off a blue appearance and the halogen gives off a yellow appearance. A white light is better. Some use fiberoptic lighting and other find another solution. What ever you use, you just have to find the way to make it work best for you. What I'm saying is that you need a few (hundred sometimes) images till you get it right and even then always be willing to experiment as long as you see improvement.

coppercoins
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Or just learn how to set white balance and set it correctly for the type of light you have.
cd@coppercoins.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

CP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice..
Im going to give the guy a call & get a few more details.. Ill let you know which I buy, but for now its looking like the model 313..

CP

Jack
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quote

CP
If you can it is best to have a "Variable Zoom" and they are on the market for about $100.00 more than the one you are looking at. Try a google search or ebay.
Jack
Page 1 of 1
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow Considering a scope..

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours