coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow Zoner Photo Studio 1.1

Zoner Photo Studio 1.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote

How many use this program? Is it good for overlays? I am evaluating the "pro" version", to see if it is of use to me. Any comments, or suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
Dick

coop
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote

I guess I'm out of the ZoneR.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote

"Twilight-Zoner"?
Dick

coppercoins
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote

Never heard of it myself. I always recommend one of the 'lite' versions of Photoshop. It's the most recognized program in the industry, and for what you would be doing with it, the approximate $50 investment would be well worth your money.
cd@coppercoins.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote

One might say that one wanted a 'little pony" to ride, but was given a whole stable of thoroughbreds! I have Photoshop 7.0. and one day I will "navigate around in it comfortably, but for the moment, it is a bit "overwhelming"! My motto: "The difficult, I do right awaay, the impossible will take a bit longer"!
Dick

coppercoins
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote

If you already have Photoshop anything else would be a waste of money. Ask questions if you don't know how to use it. It's not really difficult to get around in, and I know it better than I know anything else computer related. I have given assistance on Photoshop to people while driving down the highway, I know it so well.
cd@coppercoins.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Chuck, I'll keep that in mind, but will check to make sure you are NOT behind the wheel. I can't adfford to lose any of the ferw friends I have! BTW, thanks.
Dick

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote

Which of the "lite' versions, or elemenrts, etc would you recommend? It is a case of have to do, sooner, or later, and I would just as soon do it now. Thankss,
Dick

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote

Coop, I want to let you know I had a "hands-on" teaching on the "Layers" section of PS 7.0, today. My grand-daughter is a pPofessional Photographer, and specializes in weddings, etc. She said dhe had a "devil of a time" getting that area down pat, but she is like, Chuck said, She can explain any part, while driving down the road! She sure made my day! It isn't very often that she is able to get down this way, (she lives in Victorville, CA., up on the high desert). I am in the middle of repairing my shed wall, which I had to replace due to water damage, but when that is done, I am going to dedicate a week to OVERLAYS! Back to menial tasks, now!
Dick

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quote

Still working woth the overlay, (but not getting very far). I was able to get the two images up, and select the one I want to work with, no problem. ?What I haven't been able to do is change the opacait so I can "see thru" it. I did the next best thing. I put a grid on both ,and matched the grid lines v/h, and proved that the RPM is not the -009. I should have done several more, while it was fresh in my mind, but a shed wall had to be finished, because we have rain in the area. It could be raining lightly, ruight now. i haven't checked for about an hour.Is there an "Element", that just covers overlays, and related? Thart is what I was shown today, and it is jjust what I want.
Dick

coop
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Dick: On the layers feature on the lower right, do you see a small image of the one you want to reduce the opacity on? Double click on it and the opacity screen will pop and you can reduce it from 100% to 50% and thus slide it over the second image to compare it locations to.

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote

No wonder I couldn't find it! We worked with that box, and I had three levels in view. Sometimes she would say click on that thing, and point to the box. Some times it would
be on the "eye', sometimes on the boxes to the left end of that box,and once she said to move the bottom layer up to the top. I finally got it there. I went out and worked on the shed,after she had to leave, instead of going back thru what she had wexplained, and naturally, forgot 500% of what she had said!
Dick

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote

No wonder I couldn't find it! We worked with that box, and I had three levels in view. Sometimes she would say click on that thing, and point to the box. Some times it would
be on the "eye', sometimes on the boxes to the left end of that box,and once she said to move the bottom layer up to the top. I finally got it there. I went out and worked on the shed,after she had to leave, instead of going back thru what she had wexplained, and naturally, forgot 500% of what she had said! Wjhat I am trying to do is make a set procedure to follow, and learn to use it comfortably. Then I would go looking around to see what this, or that button does. To fly, you first need wings!
Dick

coop
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote

Step by step email sent to you.

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote

Got it,. and printed it out! Wink M<any thanks!
Dick

Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow Zoner Photo Studio 1.1

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours