coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow My First Photo 1944-S w/Date Doubling

My First Photo 1944-S w/Date Doubling

louis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote

This is the image as captured by my camera without magnification. I used macro mode with 2x-3x zoom. I uploaded to photobucket and then added the picture to this post. Again I still don't know what I'm doing with the camera. It's the first digital I've ever owned. So let me know your opinions......

eagames
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote

Looks great for your first photo post.

You might try making the image smaller or cropping to the area you want to show. It makes the post load faster.

Smile

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote

Louis, I agree with ED. You should diffuse the light, and look in the camera software for a way to reduce the size of the photo. I would reccomend no more than 300X240 pixels, for general viewing. Using macro, then you can crop for the area you want to present. Quality: Great!
Dick

louis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. I'm new to this so I appreciate your bearing with me. I know I can focus on the date without posting the whole image. I need to tool with the software a bit more but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. As far as lighting is concerned, I'm going to attach a dimmer to the bulb thereby giving me more control. What amazes me the most is to be able to get an image with such detail w/o using a microscope!! That's not to say I'll never need one, but for now I'll let the camera do the work............
Page 1 of 1
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow My First Photo 1944-S w/Date Doubling

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours