coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow QX5 advice

QX5 advice

daggit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote

Finally have the thing up and running, I have only experimented a bit with it. I thought I would get any advice from those who have used one or one similar. I know I will have to modify the lighting it is definately to bright for BU coins. Any info appreciated.
Thanks
Sandra

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote

Sandra, there are several QX5 users here, so I'm sure they will offer their comments. Mine is the QX3, so there isn't muh I can offer in that respect. You will have better rsults with a different lighting system.
Dick

daggit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Hmfffff....well it seems the QX5 is ok for seeing more detail but can't say I'm pleased with the images. I think I'm getting better results with my cheap camera but I will continue to experiment. Will put up a practice image in the testing forum soon and get your opinions. Obviously a better scope ($$$$) is needed but it will have to wait till I find that awesome Doubled Die to fund my purchase Laughing

coop
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Sandra: If it is there you will find it. You just won't have as nice an image to show. That's when you try something else to show the image with. But till then you can still find stuff with your setup. Most of the time finding something is the problem. So keep it till you can get the scope of your dreams. You can always WOW us with better images then. Same the money till your ready to get something better.
I had the orginal intel microscope. Its still setting in sight. I didn't like the plastic lens on them. Save till you get the scope. Then save/give it to a new comer in the family hopefully.

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote

Sandra what you need, instead of this:

is this:

If I find that DDO/DDR, you will know!
BTW, I sent you PM....
Dick

zacharycash

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quote

Dick, what kind of microscope do you use? What is the power?

Ive been thinking of getting a scope for RPM searching, and other things, and need some advice. Im not looking for a very expensive one. probably under $300

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote

Zacaharycash, I hope I got the name right. I have no ffontal vision, so it is difficult to be sure.
The scope is a QSZ, Stereo-zoom, .7-4.5. It is one that I got refurbished, for $500. It was a pretty expensive scope, new. There are several scopes, that are within your price range, but I don't have links to them. Garylcsr can help there. Not thaat he is the inly one, but he gave me a linnk to another site, and I got a second scope, but it isn't the scope that the QSZXZ is. The reason that I mentioned HGary, is that the site also has cameras that fit in the eye-piece well. Gart, Can you help here?
Thanks,
Dick

Page 1 of 1
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow QX5 advice

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours