coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow First post with new dino-lite

First post with new dino-lite

jayboy324

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote

coop
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Looks good jayboy. I've found when the lighing is weaker at the bottom, to place a coin or two under that 1/2 of the ramp I use. It makes the whole image look the save color. Is that in the 2X2 or are you using a 2X2 to suspend it? You might replace that with a black pieve of material. It does glare a little. But you are on the way.

jayboy324

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Hey Coop, heres a couple more. I'm having some trouble with my lighting and your black background helped me out alot. Did you notice Lincolns ear in the first photo ?

eagames
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Those look pretty good.

60-d d/d and the other looks like the 97 double ear?

Smile

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Jayboy, they are getting better, and I notice the one to the left, (bottom pair), is a good match for my grid. It has the MM 1/8" high, and is a very familiar RPM. I can't call the shot, right off, but I'll bet Ed, or Coop can. Nice work! Keep at it, and you will get the "hang of it", soon.
Dick

coop
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Looks like the one on the left is 005 and the one on the right 016? Check markers on the second one. When I looked I thought it was 013 but it is too far south to be 013. So you might check the markers for 016.

Jayboy: When you make images keep them to 600-800 width. I think you have two in that range, but you might need separate tags for them. That would make them fit the screen and the reader don't have to scroll the screen to ready the posts. But very nice images. Are these BU coins or are the dark looking ones. that is what they look like on my screen? Describe your setup and I'll see if I can find a solution for it.

Dick
Expert Member
Expert Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:02 am Reply with quote

Looks like it might be the -016. Too much remnant on the 013. The best would be to ckeck the arkers, to see for sure.
Dick

jayboy324

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote

The 1960-d's are indeed BU coins. I think the problem with the color has something to do with the higher magnification.The set up that I am using is straight out of the box which is eight LED's and I am also using an adjustable stand that I made after finding out the base that I purchased was not rigid enough for viewing coins. I am able to shut the LED's on and off when I need to. The desk light that I am using right now to search cent's with my loupe is a 150w A21 reader light. I've try'd other's and this seems to work the best for me. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance
Jay
Page 1 of 1
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow First post with new dino-lite

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours