coppercoins.com

Index div  FAQ  div  Search  div  Memberlist  div  Usergroups  div  Register  div  Log in 
back to coppercoins home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow QX5 Issues

QX5 Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

JeanK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote

Hi Sandra,

There is one thing not mentioned in the previous suggestions.
This is something I did not know about until my hubby instructed me in 'proper computer protocol'.

The bottom tool bar on my computer screen is where the icons are that I use for one click access to certain sites. Those are on the left side of the bar. On the right side of the bar are icons that show two computers (which means one is talking to the other, much like now while I am online). There is also an icon for my Zone Alarm program. The other icon is a small device with a green arrow above it. This icon is the one to be used when I need to unplug any device from my computer... especially portable hardware like cameras, microscopes, anything that isn't normal to my computer on an everyday basis.

Before I unplug the QX5 or camera I click on the icon and it will give me an instruction screen that will let me chose the device I am trying to disconnect. After that I can 'safely' disconnect a device. If I do not use this hardware device disconnect I can have problems, some of which you have described, later when trying to use the USB ports for portable devices.

If you are already doing this important step, then the problem you are experiencing is way beyond my abilities also.

Just thought I would mention it in case you didn't know about it.

Best,
JeanK

daggit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Thank you Jean, it's actually working fine now so I have no idea what the problem was. Laughing
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
coppercoins.com Forum Index arrow Coin Photography Help arrow QX5 Issues

coppercoins.com © 2001-2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours